Lorelei R. Johns, C.A – Accounting services to not-for-profit organizations
Comprehensive services tailored to the needs of the non-profit sector … and your organization.
DIVERSE EXPERIENCES; UNIQUE PERSPECTIVE
Having spent many years in the private and public sectors, as well as teaching at the post-secondary level, I have seen the field of accounting and the world of the non-profit from all sides. This provides a unique perspective and allows me to tailor my services to your organization’s individual needs and situation.
BUILDING ONE-TO-ONE RELATIONSHIPS
When you work with my firm, you work with me. Period.
Your work is never assigned to a junior or support staff person. My goal is to get to know your organization and your people personally so I can find the most efficient, effective fiscal solutions.
My firm specializes in high quality and efficient audits of not-for-profit organizations, including arts and cultural entities, service clubs, and sports organizations.
I pledge to provide personal, one-on-one service at a high skill level, supported by ongoing education targeted to the not-for-profit sector. Your audit report will have the “big accounting firm” polish and professionalism. Your Board of Directors, members, staff and funding providers will all appreciate receiving timely and accurate information and reports.
CONTINUING CONTACT AND COMMUNICATIONS
Positive, productive relationships are built through consistent communication that goes far beyond the audit and yearend statements to include:
- A yearend letter with recommendations.
- Meetings during the year and prior to the yearend to discuss how any changes will impact your audit.
- Regular contact during the engagement.
- Performing audits on your site.
- Advising on the best financial statement presentation and disclosure.
- Completion of GST return and annual Canada Revenue Agency Tax returns.
- Special reports for Funding Providers.
VALUE ADDED SERVICES TO BENEFIT YOUR ORGANIZATION
It is my mission to provide your organization with efficient, high quality services tailored to your requirements. Part of this level of service includes continual involvement and knowledge transfer through such activities as:
- Access to “Horse Sense”, a web blog that provides up-to-date, plain English information on the developments in auditing, accounting, and governance that can dramatically impact your organization.
- Fun, informative, and practical training for your Board of Directors and Audit Committee.
- Assistance in developing internal control systems.
- Assistance with the preparation of annual budgets.
- Advice on the development of financial policies and procedures.